Saturday, June 6, 2020

Sunday Stitch School - No.135  Net Stitch

I used a fine variegated crochet thread for the first square and a two wrap French Knot to hold down the cross bars. The knots were too thick for the space - crowded.

The centre one was stitched with the same thread, but only a single French Knot - better but still wobbly.

The last was easier and I used two strands each -Yellow and Fawn- of DMC for the single-wrap knots.



The last sample on cloth, shows it added to a previous SSS - Raised Closed Herringbone, as a plant holder. 12 ply perles in Fawn and Green. It was a good way to fill in the section on the CQ.

Details of how to do this stitch can be found at the link below.

https://queeniepatch.blogspot.com/p/sunday-stitch-school.html

I have had such trouble using Wordpress lately, that I decided to come back to Blogger, where I first started blogging.   So very easy here.  So much technical detail to update their program and not worth it.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I've got both Wordpress and Blogger blogs. I tried the new Blogger interface the other day and didn't like it but I guess I'll have to get used to it because it changes in late June. I've not updated the Wordpress site yet although it keeps asking me to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lin, or is it Linda? I'm sorry for forgetting.
    I prefer the look of Wordpress but the technical side is beyond my ageing brain.LOL
    Be safe in our current climate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the Net Stitch as a planter was a smart idea. I saw these stitches on your Wordpress blog, too. They also look good on your new Blogger page. I hope you don't have any problems with the New Blogger dashboard and can write up and publish your posts easily.
    For me, this setting is good. I should be able to post a comment on your post and have my google account details and picture included. Let's give it a try.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased Blogger did the right thing. I hope Blogger lets you send receive comments on your own blog too.
    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete